Sunday, March 13, 2011

Drake's Getting Some Indie Help

For his sophomore album Take Care, rapper Drake will be collaborating with Jamie xx, one-third of British alt/indie group The xx.



When asked about his work for Drake, Jamie said "He's a fan of the xx and my remixes and stuff, and I sent him some beats. We're just going to do some stuff for the next album." Drake, in turn, said, "The praises I'll sing most is definitely The xx and Jamie...Jamie is probably one of the most exciting producers I've ever heard." The future looks bright for the young beatmaker.



While the extent of Jamie xx's work on Drake's project is unknown, Jamie just released a full-length album remix project titled We're New Here for 70's jazz/soul artist Gil Scott-Heron's I'm New Here, which is Scott-Heron's first album to be released in 13 years. Listen to the remix album in its entirety here:

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! I remember the days when Drake was Aubrey Graham and starred as Jimmy in Degrassi. Those days were long ago and it is amazing to see what he has achieved musically today.

    Hope you will enjoy his new releases!

    ReplyDelete